Thursday, August 30, 2007

Any suggestions...?

Hey guys! :D I'm still here in Missoula. I'm doing the documentary photo class now. It was fun the first day because I actually got some good studio shots! That was a first, as you probably all know how much my shots in Allison's class were... well, lacking a bit... Anyway, now it seems (after that first day) that I get stuck with the people that are hard to work with. They don't really want their picture taken, they don't want to smile or do anything but stand stiff, and they don't even seem to want to be there. They are even hard to get talking... AACK! Anyone have any suggestions for taking pictures of people outside of the studio? Even anything would be helpful... I was so glad to hear from you guys. How are things on everyone else's ends?

1 comment:

OllieT said...

As Bear said in his post, the key is to create a connection with your subject. Ask questions to get them talking and be a good listener.

That said, I had somewhat similar experiences in the Child Portraiture course. Some subjects are just more difficult than others.

Good to hear from you and I hope you have better luck with the rest of the course.